Thursday, August 26, 2010

The AFS Camp

Over 200 students fromm all over the world, all brought together by a similar interest for extreme adventures and the Chinese language. It was awesome! We were each in rooms of two and my room mate was an Aussie! Being the only ones from our corner of the earth it was soooo nice to have someone who understood my humour and the "sweeet!" and constant "ae's" I seem to put at the end of every sentance! Gotta give it to them Aussies, it is nice to have someone who understands kiwiland when your in a completely new culture! Although I was pleasantly suprised that so many people knew where New Zealand was and what Rugby was! Flight of the Conchoards and Lord of the Rings has really put us on the map! But unfortunately it was so much so that on talent quest and culture sharing night I was litterlly dragged and carried onto the stage by the Aussie and a French Rugby player and forced to do the Haka infront of everyone! by myself. But after that the Aussie sang waltzing matilda all by her lonesome and there was an eye for an eye kindof deal going on. And as embarassing as it wasI did it! And apparently I've left a pretty awesome impression of New Zealand on everyone because so many people keep coming up to me and saying I want to go to new Zealand!! Wahooooo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment