Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bikes

Everybody loves bikes here! They are everywhere! And my host sister informed me that this is how we get to school. So yesterday, we went off to find e a bike. This meant me travelling to the bike shop across town on the back of her bike! It was SO SO SO much fun and incredibly dangerous! I did not for a minute of that journey feel sure that I wasn't going to fall off or we weren't going to be hit by an oncoming car/bike/whatever! So to say the least I enjoyed every second of it :)

Then, I got my bike! It is so cute, with the basket on the front and the chinese little stickers on it! I wish I cold bring it back home!
The ride back home was incredibly too :) Being witness to two bike - car accidents on my first 2 days in Xindu I was not the most confident about the ride back home, but I totally got on that bike and made it home in one peice! The daily bike to school is going to take some getting used to at first, but fingers crossed god be with me, I will survive! I have learnt one valuable rule of the roads over here, NEVER look back, always forwards, the person behind you is responsible for not hitting you, whoever is infront has right of way pretty much! And stick right, not left! One small vital peice of information there.. Hehe also.... my bike has a belll!! Ah it is too cute!

I'm starting to get used to this Chinese way of living, it's really qutie simple and very honest :)

Till' next time!

Kiwi :)

1 comment:

  1. Great blog posts Maddie! I knew you would make the most of your experience after meeting you in Wellington. Keep it up as you are making me want to go to China

    ReplyDelete